Friday, December 11, 2009

Letter to Cathy

Dear Aunt Cathy,

We miss you so much! When this song came out, Momma said it reminded her of you, and now when I hear it, I can't help but think of you too.



I wish you could have met Kade. You would have loved him so much. He has my pouty lip (or at least that's what Daddy says, anyway). Jason came to see him when he was born. He held him, and it reminded me of when Kenleigh was little. Remember how he held her that Christmas and wouldn't let anyone else? That was so funny...



Dean still comes to visit us. He is doing well, considering you have been gone almost a year now. You can tell you were his soul mate, and that he will never love another person as deeply as he loved you. He still wears his wedding ring on a necklace around his neck. I missed him at Thanksgiving, but I got to talk to him on the phone. He sounded good, really good.



And Jamie, well, she's part of our family too now. Donna and her have became really close, and she and I keep in touch too. We all secretly hope Jason will come to his senses and marry that girl! But, it is what it is. The last words you spoke to me were about her. You said, "When her and Jason broke up, it almost killed me, but I still love her." I can see why. She's a very sweet person and she still looks out for Jason after all their history together. She checks up on Dean too. You couldn't have asked for a better best friend.

You would be so proud of David, and how he has turned his life around. He and Susan are still together. No, they haven't managed to kill each other yet. I know, amazing! They live in SC now and take care of Swai and Oddysea full time. Tewsdai is running wild god-knows where (so if you could haunt her, we would all appreciate it! Just kidding!) Seriously, she needs a good kick in the rear--but, she misses you too, I'm sure.

Donna is still doing good too. She has good days and bad days. I can always tell when she's missing you. She loved you so much. I think she's finally forgiven you for slamming her car door after Zane was born (I know you know what I'm talking about). I begged her to quit smoking after you passed away. I don't know if she has or not, but she said she would. Zane and Shonda aren't married yet.

I miss your laugh. I can still hear it, clears as day, inside of my head. I live really close to where you are buried. Every time I drive by there, I think of you, and I wonder what you are doing in Heaven. I know that's where you are. I wonder if Jesus is fussing at you for smoking. I bet Grandma Granny is! I wonder what kind of trouble you and Danita are causing, because we all know Cathy + Denita = nothing good.



I'm just thinking of you today. I love you so much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ELAINE THAT WAS HEART TOUCHING.....
IF you will jamie hope would like to be back on your blog....it has expire.....where she was on it last... i talk to her on face book a litle while agao... love you lots
mom

Jamie said...

Elaine this is so beautiful! I love you guys! I miss her everyday and I am so thankful for having the chance to have her as a part of my life...just one of the many blessings God has sent my way! The great thing is that it didn't stop with her she brought you all into my life and your family is full of some of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to be around! I think you all are great and I love you all! Thanks!

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.