Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So this is goodbye....



Dear Friend,

You and I have grown so close over the last 4 months of my life. When I think back on all the times I needed comforting, you were there for me. When I couldn't be quiet during church, you were there. Through my MANY, MANY ear infections, I knew I could always count on you... Dangling from my bib, I always could find you within my grasp.





If I was missing my Mommy and Daddy while I was at daycare, you reminded me they would be back soon. I chose to play with you rather than take naps like my classmates. My teachers always brought you back to me when I dropped you. Yes, you and I have become the best of friends.




But today Mommy is taking you away from me. She keeps saying I am now 4 months old, and that you could really affect my teeth (whatever that is), or [gasp] that it could be you causing my ear infections. I know better--you would never hurt me. I overheard Mommy say that I only get you back if I begin to suck on my thumb, because "Mommy can't take my thumb away." Until then, our lives shall take different paths, but I will be missing you tremendously, my friend. It makes me sad just to think about it.






Sincerely,
Kade

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.