Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Round-Up



* We are 72 hrs into being completely paci-free. The first few days Kade was a little fussy. I caved. I would give him the paci long enough to get him to sleep. Then I would sweep in like a thief in the night and snatch it from him. However, he hasn't seen his best friend in almost 3 days, and I think he's going to survive :)

*To compensate for the paci we have moved on to better things. He is now eating Rice cereal with a spoon (and I am mixing a teaspoon of vegetables in for variety). Last week, he had sweet potatoes. This week he's getting squash. Doesn't that just make your mouth water?!?

* We took Kade swimming for the first time this weekend. He looked so cute in his swim trunks that his Daddy picked out. He is a water champion! I think I had my bum crushed by a 4 month old. The pool was somewhere near 80 degrees (but felt to me more like 60). As I stood there shivering, Kade just chilled in the float. Before you all go reporting me for bad parenting, I assure you the water was indeed warm enough for him to be in. He didn't even make a sound when he got in. See for yourself here:



* Mommy's a sissy!

*Thanks for having us over Dawn & Chad! And Hayden, we are so proud of you for finally going under the water!



* We miss you Dawson, Kenleigh, and Josef while you are away at camp! Hope you are all having fun! And we can't wait until Alex gets here next month! We've missed you so much!!!!!

* Finally, Congrats to Megan for her graduation this weekend! Thanks for letting us share in the celebration!

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.