Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Truths...


I’m borrowing this idea from my sweet friend, Kristen. I love her blog, and I enjoyed reading her list. I thought I would share my own list of Christmas truths. And, nothing speaks lists like bullet points…




  • I drive many of my co-workers crazy because I tend to start counting down the days to Christmas in July. Even in the midst of 100 degree weather, I can get excited about Christmas being 6 months away.

  • I’ve been known to play Christmas music as early as August.

  • As a kid growing up, we would always play Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton’s Christmas CD while decorating our tree. I still have this CD today and I enjoy it so much when I play it. The music floods me with so many fond memories of my childhood holidays.

  • Every year, my mom’s side of the family will meet on Christmas Day and eat Oyster Stew. This tradition is older than I am. As a kid I can remember not even willing to try it. I always had a hotdog or BBQ instead. But, I do like it now, and I even introduced it to Kade last year.

  • Last year at Christmas, my dad was recovering from having a stroke. Since then, he has been so fortunate to make a full recovery.

  • In 2008, we buried my Aunt Cathy on Dec 17 after she loss her life from having a severe asthma attack. The asthma triggered a heart attack. She was only 43 years old.

  • I’m guilty of reminding my kids that “Santa is watching.” By the way, it hasn’t worked thus far.

  • Santa came and took Kade’s gifts away two weeks ago. While I was cooking breakfast, he decided to open one. Kade has been told that Santa will bring them back on Jesus’ birthday.

  • For the past two years, our nephew Alex has been able to spend Christmas with us. He lives in Montana, so we’ve really enjoyed this time with him.

  • This Christmas will be my niece, Sarabeth’s, first Christmas.

  • I’m actually finished Christmas shopping.

  • My kids are spoiled! Kade and Kohen are getting mostly gifts together since we have every toy known to man for kids 2 and under. I feel like Kohen is getting cheated just a bit, but I know he’ll soon grow into the older toys.

  • I’ll be wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve.



What are some Christmas truths you have?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

SHUT UP! My mom and I listed to Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton EVERY single Christmas! At some point, she lost the cassette, and a couple of years ago I bought her the CD. I thought we were the only cheeseballs who loved it :-)

Love your list!

Elaine said...

I swear Kristen! It's my all time favorite Christmas CD. I know every song word for word. "Once Upon a Christmas" is still my favorite from the album :)

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.