Thursday, December 8, 2011

Prayer Request

The last few weeks at work have been really stressful.  After multiple interviews, I found out that I will be moving to Customer Service effective Jan 31, 2012.  The Lord graciously answered my prayer request by giving me a schedule that did not interfere with church, school, or family obligations.  However, by accepting the position I am also putting someone who was part-time out of work.  

 

I’ve been really struggling with this decision, and I humbly ask you to join me in praying for this situation.  I am a student and do not have plans to make a career with my company.  In fact, I returned to school because I was continually told that I lacked working experience despite working for my employer for 13 years.  It’s the only full time job I’ve ever had. 

 

This past fall, the bottom fell out of the economy and teachers were being laid off by 100s.  I prayerfully decided that now wasn’t the time to student teach and quit (what I thought was) a stable job.  I would risk being unemployed after student teaching.  I rationalized this decision by my lack of experience in education too.  By postponing student teaching, I still knew that finishing my degree would be a priority for me.  How could it not?  I had taken so much time away from my husband and children that I owe it to them to finish.  I had also assumed additional student loan debt.  I will finish my education degree.  It’s what God has called me to do.

 

Now, even though I know my employer isn’t going to provide a career for me, something feels wrong about taking someone else’s job away.  I know I have to do what is right for my family by continuing to work until I can student teach again in Fall 2013 with another cohort.  So, I feel like I made the best decision I could for my family by staying with M*I.  So, how can something which feels right also feel so wrong?

 

Please pray for me.  Pray more-so for the person who will be unemployed soon because of the predicament I’ve been put into.  The whole thing stinks.  I DO NOT LOVE THE WILDERNESS!

 

3 comments:

Piper said...

No, the wilderness is not a fun place, and until you reach the other side, you may not know why you had to go through the wilderness.
Several years ago I took a layoff so that another would not lose her job. It was a hardship on our family, but I could not get a peace about staying. K was just a baby, and I was struggling with going back to work. Through all that God did provide for us and I eventually found another job, but it was short term BUT GOD provided another soon after that. God does have a plan for you, you know that, I will pray that God will give you the peace that only HE can provide during this time in your life. God knew this was coming to pass, and He began preparing you before the last Bible study ever began.
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Elaine. When I have seen you the last couple of times at church I saw that you had something waying heavy on your mind. Thanks for sharing your heart. God knows your heart. He knows you would never intentionally hurt someone else. Maybe this is what that someone else needs, so that they can continue on the path that he has for their life. Maybe God is using you to move them. It all looks tough now. I will help you pray!!!

Love
Kim

~Lynn~ said...

Elaine--
I LOVE the prayer request section of your blog!! But even better, I LOVE, LOVE, praise HIS name, LOVE the fact that you can take us off the cancer list!!!! : )

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.