Friday, May 25, 2012

Beginning the Couch to 5K

I'm out of shape.

Seriously.

I have never really had a reason to exercise, so I don't.  I can't quite figure out if that makes me lazy or lucky.  Maybe a little of both...or a lot of lazy and a little lucky.

I may have lost my mind.  I'm willing to start the Couch to 5k.  I've printed the schedule.  I'm not too intimidated by week 1.  "Five minute warm-up walk.  Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes."  Not too bad, huh? (I'll confess: I haven't looked beyond week 1.  Actually, I have no intentions of looking ahead in fear of that I'll quit before I get started.)

I can do this.  My sweet friend has offered to train with me.  I have several other friends who have said they may join me.  I'm trying to convince Kyle to be my partner too.  I can do this...right?

My body is a temple to  be used to glorify God.  In order to glorify God, I have to take care of what He has given me. 

I love the way the New Living Translation of the bible puts these verses...This will be my motivation:

"Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. 
You also must run in such a way that you will win.  All athletes
practice strict self-control.  Thy do it to win a prize that
will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 
So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step." 
 (1 Corinthians 9:24-26)

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.