Monday, January 14, 2013

I am...

I found this paper tucked away in some bible study stuff I was going through last week.  It's called "I am..." and it gives you all of these prompts to fill in your own information into the sentence.  Since my blogging brainstorming has been so uneventful lately, I thought, "Why not?"  So here you go...

I am...
I am the second daughter born in 1980 to parents who worked for a local food distribution company.  I am the child who played with Barbies, anything Bart Simpson, and baby dolls.  I am the child who loved to climb trees, play outside, and aggravate my older sister.  I am the child who dreamed of being a police officer and never thought I'd be a suicide surviovor.

I am the teenager who learned the hard way that my parent's are much smarter than I gave them credit for being.  I am the teenager who wore hand-me-downs from an older sister, Levi's Buttonflys, and tight-rolled my jeans.  I am the teenager who hated school, reading, or anything else that had to do with learning.  I am the teenager who spent too much time at Skateland, thinking about boys, and cutting myself off from my family.  I am the teenager who wanted to be loved deeply without facing heartache, and I knew that was impossible.

I am the woman who licks her finger to clean a smudge off her children's faces.  I am a woman who loves to be encouraged, spending quiet weekends at home, and Sunday naps. 

I am the mother who loves to hear her children laugh but loses all rational if they get sick.  I am the mother whose moments of perfect bliss come when she can bathe without interruption.

I am the career student who wants to be smarter than necessary and wishes to become a Middle Grades Educator.  I am the person who craves attention, but loves my independence.  I am the person wants a clean house 24/7 and watches too much reality TV in order to make the clean house 24/7 possible.

I am the women who still loves to lick the spoon when baking a cake, who still longs to travel the world, and still lives paycheck to paycheck.  I am the person who dreams of making a difference in other people's lives and who hopes that in all she does people will see little of her and more of Jesus.

3 comments:

Piper said...

Thank you for sharing this! Kaitlyn printed her I Am... and put it in a frame. I have it in my bedroom and every time I read it it fills my heart with such joy and gratitude!

I am going to have to find mine... and maybe or maybe not post! lol!!
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

You are a strong woman and loves the lord with all your heart. You, just like myself and ever other person in this world has to live and learn.God got a hold of your heart and soul .So you are safe under his wing....From some one that loves you more than life itself.

Kristen said...

Gotta lick the spoon! ;)

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.