• This is the time in our lives when we need to grow as a child of God.
• A person who is living on spiritual milk isn't very far along in their Christian life
• There comes a point where we must mature and crave "solids" by gaining the ability to recognize the difference between right and wrong; doing what is right
• We shouldn't be spiritual babes drinking spiritual milk
• We don't have to lay the foundation for things God established
• You cannot be a strong Christian if you are living a hit/miss Christian life.
1. Learn to obey God without excuses
• Example was given of Abraham in Genesis 12:1-4 who obeyed without questions or hesitation.
2. Learn to put our trust in God even when it doesn't make sense
• “It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in people.” (Psalm 118:8)
• “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. Learn to wait on God
• “Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.” (Psalm 27:14)
• “But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
4. Learn to give to God's work (time, talent, and treasures)
• This is a direct promise from God:
• Giving of your treasure:
5. Learn to live a Christian life with God's strength
• You can’t be victorious in your own strength.
6. Accept that God Loves you unconditionally
7. Remind Ourselves that God is in control
• God has never been out of Control
• God knows our limits
• God knows what we can handle. Whatever concerns you, concerns God
8. If we are saved, forgiven, and in the family of God, His Spirit dwells in us
• The Spirit dwells in us.
• Spirit of the LORD will be with us in fear, temptation, etc. We are to seek refuge in Christ.
9. Must have meditation of God’s Word as a priority
• We should be watchful, waiting on our next orders from God.
10. Let the Word of God radically transform your life by falling in love with Christ
• We must study the Word to be victorious
**Notes from the sermon by Dale Faulkenbury titled “Principles to Live By” given on 11/30/2011 and 12/14/2011