No one can speak peace like God.
Let me say that again: NO ONE CAN SPEAK PEACE LIKE GOD. Did you get that?
This was a promise given to Israel in its darkest time.
Perfect peace: free from disturbances within; perfect harmony.
Doubt, Fear, Worry, all of life’s problems can be solved by peace.
We can find peace in God’s word. He exalts His Word above His name.
In Mark 4:39, God calms the storms of life.
There is also “imperfect peace” which is the peace of ignorance.
Imperfect peace comes from being too independent of yourself or others. You have exhausted all options.
1. PERFECT IN QUALITY. It comes strait from God.
2. PERFECT IN QUANTITY. It is never-ending.
3. PERFECT CONSTANCY. It is continuous.
God gives Perfect Peace to:
1. The person whose mind is stayed on thee (lean on, prop)
2. The person who trusteth in thee (run for refuge)
*stayed/trusteth are words of action
**Starts with God, ends with God. Need to get between Thou and Thee and stay there (in perfect peace).
A person without peace is a person without faith. Peace comes from praise and prayer.
**Notes from the Sermon titled “Perfect Peace” by Preacher Paul Deal on 03/21/2007.