Monday, January 23, 2012

Sickness, Bible Study, and Prayer Request

Hello Everyone! That’s about as creative as I can be for a title. I’m boring these days. I know it.


I hope this dreary, rainy Monday is treating you well! My life the last few weeks has been packed full—mostly of germs! We had this stomach bug which swept through my family in two weeks! It literally put 13 of us out of commission for 24-48 hrs each. Then, last Wednesday, my sweet Kohen had tubes put into his ears. He’s had 3 ear infections in 6 weeks. We are hoping this will bring him some much needed relief.

Tonight officially embarks the beginning of Bible Study! I’ve had my book for a few weeks, and I have been so tempted to start early. I’ll be honest, I wanted to start early partly out of curiosity and excitement. The other part of me was more like, “OH! MY! WORD! when my workbook arrived in my mailbox. It was a little very intimidating!


We have 50+ women signed up! Will you please pray that we will all stay committed and unified during the study. Pray specifically for us to be silent and open-minded to whatever the Lord is trying to teach us during this season of our life.

In other news, I’ve been feeling pretty yucky the last few weeks. Something seems off that I can’t seem to put my finger on. I have ZERO energy. I can’t get enough rest/sleep to satisfy my body. It just seems so worn out physically. I get winded too easily. For instance, if I carry Kade out to the car, I literally have to stop and catch my breath for a minute. I know I’m out of shape, but this feels a little excessive to me. (For the record, if I had the energy to exercise, I would.) And, I’ve been having this dull ache in the middle of my chest which comes and goes. It could be as simple as heartburn (I don’t know that I’ve ever had that). It is beginning to scare me though.

So over the weekend, I went to GNC and purchased a multi pack of vitamins for Women. I’m also trying to increase the protein in my diet. Does anyone else have a suggestion for increasing my energy level? If so, please share!!!!

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to follow up on an anxiety issue I keep having (some of which is related to the above). Please keep me in your prayers for answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, praying for your health and for your peace-of-mind. Please keep us posted on how you are doing! (Oh, and the detox diet IS finally starting to lend itself to more energy for me. And I feel SO much healthier, inside and out!!) Love to you and your family.

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.