Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SSMT #4


I have chosen my verse for Feb 15, 2011.

"Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Colossians 4:23 (NIV)

There are so many days--okay, if I'm honest it's most days (especially Mondays)--that I wake up and the first words out of my mouth are, "I hate working first shift." Just this week Kyle asked me if working 2nd shift would make me happier. I told him, "No. I think it's just that I hate my job." I've been unhappy with my job for quite some time. I've worked for the same company for 13 years. I started working for my company right out of high school, and I have worked my way up to the position I have now. I am a retail accountant for 6 smaller accounts we have. I prepare financial statements, taxes, etc for each company. On most days, it's an okay job. I love my co-workers; I make a decent salary; but I am not fulfilled. Some days I go to work and I know that nothing I will do really matters.

Today God whispered sweetly in my ear that I needed a new attitude toward my job. Most economies have really suffered in the recession. NC is no exception. We have been hit really hard. Unemployment is still about 14%. So, in a market where there would be 50 people who would gladly take my place at my job, I should be thankful that I am employed. And I am. I need to work cheerfully as if I am working for the Lord in all that I do--even my job because it really does matter, and someone, somewhere is watching me.

SSMT #3
"Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender." (Proverbs 22:7 NIV)

SSMT #2
"Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces." (Proverbs 3:9 NIV)

SSMT #1
"Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed." (Joshua 1:8 NIV)

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.