Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 17-19

30 Days of Thanksgiving
Happy Monday, ya'll! 

Continuing with my 30 Days of Thanksgiving:

Day 17
I am thankful for my bible study group.  We are continuing with Kelly Minter's "No Other Gods,"  and I have learned so so much about myself the past few weeks.  I've put so many things before the Lord, some intentionally while others unintentionally.  The g-od (little g) I am truly struggling most with is people pleasing.  I put other people's opinions before the Lord's, and God is slowly opening my eyes to how I should only live my life to please Him.  This may turn out to be one of my most favorite bible studies. 

Day 18
I am thankful for my grandparents.  My Grandma Pat is such a special person.  She is always praying for others and putting others before herself.  She is a breast cancer survivor, and we are so thankful that God's healing hand has touched her!  My Grandpa Don is also very special.  He was the grandpa he didn't have to be, and I adore him.  He has a smile that is contagious, and I love his laugh.   

Day 19
I'm thankful for short work weeks and time with family.  We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family on Thursday at lunchtime.  We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with Kyle's family Thursday evening.  I'm thankful for the prosperity to indulge myself into a Turkey coma multiple times on Thursday!

I've also been listing ways I am thankful for infertility on my other blog.  You can read more about that here

1 comment:

Cat said...

I am so with you on the people pleasing!! I worry so much about making others happy and no one mad at me etc. I am really trying to work on this too. I haven't heard of this study till from you.. I really need to look into it. So now I have two studies I want to do that I heard from you...This one and the Run for God :)
Hope you al have a great Thanksgiving!!

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.