Friday, October 28, 2011

Pick of the Patch


We went to the Pumpkin Patch last Saturday to pick out a pumpkin to carve. For those of you who live in my area, you probably know that by "pumpkin patch" I mean the church on the corner who sells pumpkins every year to support its youth group. Actually, Kyle and I tried to find a real pumpkin patch earlier in the day and failed miserably. We ended up taking a tour of the surrounding counties. It was a nice drive, but when in doubt, save your gas and go with what you know.

It was so pretty outside that I almost forgot it was fall. We've had the oddest weather here in NC lately. For instance Monday it was in the upper 70s. Today, the high was lower 50s. This is why fall isn't my favorite season. You never know how to dress comfortably.

I also thought I'd try to snap a few shots of Kohen. He will be ONE in less than two weeks. I can't believe how big you are getting Sweet Boy!

This next picture cracks me up. I asked Kade, "Who's in the bushes?" Bless him. He may get his eyesight from me.

Finally we were ready to pick out our pumpkin. We told Kade he could pick any one that he wanted so we could go home and carve it. Okay, I admit...I was a little shocked at the inflation of pumpkin prices. The patch had pumpkins priced up to $40. So, I was so glad that he chose this pumpkin...

It only cost $1.50 :)

Of course, I would have paid to get a bigger one, but it was the one he picked. I must admit, it's perfectly round and just plain cute--too cute (uh, um...small) to carve. *wink, wink* Seriously, I don't think I could get a candle in it if I tried!


Changing topics, have any of you seen this cute little movie? It has a wonderful moral about how each of us are created to be unique and that its okay if we are different than the rest of the world. I couldn't help but be reminded that as Christians we are suppose to be different from the rest of the world. We may be ridiculed or persecuted (just as Spookley was), but we are God's pick of the patch. We've watched it several times. It's super cute! My only complaint is that one of the pumpkins call's Spookley a "loser" in an effort to put him down because he isn't round. Nothing major, but not a word I want my two (almost THREE year old) to go around saying.




Blessings!



2 comments:

Leeper's said...

Your boys are precious! And happy early birthday to Kohen!

Mindy said...

Hey, Elaine. You won 25 free Christmas Cards.
Email me at mindymc5@gmail.com and I will send the code for you to use.
THANKS!

=) Mindy

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.