Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Resolution for Women: Part 1 This is Who I am...

Kyle and I went to see the movie “Courageous” this weekend. I can’t justly explain how wonderful, life-altering, and convicting this movie can be if you allow it to be. It isn’t just for dads. It’s for all people, parents or not, to have the courage to change. I’ve been convicted for quite sometime of letting go of some stumbling blocks in my life. More importantly, I decided I no longer wanted to be a stumbling block for others. Kyle and I went to church on Sunday and resolved to rededicate our lives to serving God and setting a Godly example for our children. There are big changes occurring in our lives which surmise that there is a Bigger Someone than all the tribulations we encounter.

I rushed out to buy the bible studies which accompany the video. There is The Resolution for Men and the Resolution for Women. I began my journey last night, and I’ll document here the progress I’m making. The RFW is written by Priscilla Shirer. She also wrote the bible study I am completing with other women in my church, One in a Million. I love, love, love her!

So, join me in my journey! I won’t list spoilers here, only questions and my answers.

1. What have you been hurrying through?

Life!!!!! We live in a society which seeks to have immediate gratification, and I certainly am not an exception to this mentality.

2. What have you been hurrying to get to?

I hurry to get everywhere. I savor last precious moments in bed until I’m rushed in the morning. I hurry to get to work and often walk briskly (if not running) in order to clock in on time at work. I also hurry to get home after work so I can relax. Basically, I hurry to get everywhere.

3. What are some of the good parts of your experience that you have missed in your attempt to rush through the more difficult ones?

I’ve missed out on living in and appreciating the “now” which I can never get back. When I am in difficult seasons of my life (which I want to hurry and get out of), I miss learning opportunities to draw me closer to God and what He wants to teach me.

4. What can you do differently today to gather up all the good things around you and begin enjoying the journey of your life?

Today, I can live life with a resolve to be conscience of the “now.” Life is so precious, and it often passes by much too quickly. I can live a life which the people in it will feel my love and appreciation for them, instead of what I oftentimes give them: too little of my time. I can pace myself to enjoy the present moment and let God handle tomorrow.

I eventually plan to do all of my posting here. Please feel free to follow along over at the right where you see my happy little group of readers.

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.