Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love Month: Day 10, 11, and 12

Wow, I thought this posting every day in February would be easy!  Ha!  I've really dropped the ball on this one, Folks!

Things I'm loving:

On Friday, My sweet Kade turned THREE!!!


Sorry about the beginning.  If you didn't notice, my camera was upside down! 
On Saturday:  We made our one and only trip to Chucky Cheese.  (Let me ask you all, did you know that when you leave CC that you have to "check out?"  Well, in our defense this was our first visit and we DID NOT know.  It apparently set off utter chaos, but that's another post.)

On Sunday:  We had lunch today at my in-laws to celebrate my and Kade's birthday.  We celebrated with the best chicken pie on EARTH!  My mother-in-law, Mary Jane, can cook!!!  She may be one of the best cooks I know. 

Ways I've shown love:

On Friday, I bought Kade a Thomas the Train cake.  He mentioned it once, and I lucked up and found one.  Okay, Okay, okay...it may be the smallest cake ever!  But after my birthday a few weeks ago, we all were just kind of caked-out.

On Saturday:  Did I mention we went to Chucky Cheese!?!  That takes some a lot of love people!  Whew!  It wore me out! 

On Sunday:  I bought some clothes for Kade from a friend at church.  Her price seemed rather low to me for all the clothes she gave us.  So, I gave her more.  Slightly less than doubled her asking price--but in my opinion it was a fairer price than what she suggested =)  And, God just told me too...

Ways I've received Loved:

On Friday:  My birthday boy was smothered with love on his special day.  He had several visits from family and friends, as well as phone calls and text messages.  We also Facetime'd with his Aunt Lisa and cousin, Dawson, who sang one of the best renditions of "Happy Birthday" I've ever heard.  They are such good sports!  Seeing all the love my kids get from the people we care about makes my heart swell with joy.

On Saturday:  My mom asked me for some advice.  It made me feel so valued as a woman that she was willing to talk to me about something so personal.  Our relationship has been rocky at times, but it finally feels as if we have a connection that both of us sought.    (It may have helped too that I talked Kyle into helping my dad go pick up a load of wood his co-worker had given my parents.  It was soooo cold outside, and since Kyle went to help my dad, my mom got to stay home.  So, I guess Kyle preformed a bigger act of Love on Saturday!  (For the record, my mom would have gone.  She isn't a girly-girl who is afraid of hard work or getting her hands dirty.  Actually, I think she was willing to go anyway.  But since the boys and I showed up with breakfast, I gave her the perfect excuse to stay home!)

On Sunday:  My mother-in-law even made cream corn for my birthday dinner.  She knows how much I love it.  As if my dinner couldn't be in better, she made the biggest banana pudding known to man!  We actually came home with an entire banana pudding which wasn't eaten.  (I'll be bringing it to Bible Study tomorrow night!)  Her hospitality didn't go un-noticed nor unappreciated.  (Thank you MJ for making my birthday dinner so special.  I love you all so much, and I am so thankful to have you, Melvin, Nathan, Lisa, David, Dawson, and Alex in my life!)

***********
Tomorrow, I begin a new journey where I work.  I really desire your prayers for a smooth transition into my new department. 

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.