Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Month: Day 8

Today is the day I've been waiting for!  Every season when college basketball season kicks off, we really know there are only TWO games that really matter:  When Duke plays at Carolina and when Carolina plays at Duke.  It's a rivalry like no other.  I can't describe it and if you are a fan of either team you'll agree that all that maters is that YOUR MY team wins.  Go Duke!  I love this game!

But you know what else I love about today???  It's better than basketball.  It's better than foul shots or 3-pointers.  It's better than anything else in the whole. Wide. World.  My friend Michelle's daughter was saved tonight!  She accepted the Lord as her personal savior.  She is going to Heaven one day.  That's what I love most about today! (Congratulations Ayanna!  I'm so proud of you, and I know that God has big plans for your sweet, little life.)

Today I have felt loved in several ways.  First, I received a text message from my friend Piper which said, "Was just thinking about you.  Thank you for being you."  Wow!  It really made me smile!  I've gotten to know Piper through bible study.  She and her husband are on the youth ministry team at our church!  I love them...and they work so well with the younger kids.  Our WGBC youth are so lucky to have them as role models! 

Also today, I was cleaning out my desk (I'll be moving to my new job within our company next week), and I ran across so many sweet memories.  I'm not a good cleaner-outer turns out.  I like to stop and reminisce.  I am also a pack rat.  Over the years I had kept little keep-sakes from my co-workers.  Birthday cards, pictures, emails.  Stuff that had really impacted my life.  It overwhelmed me with emotions for the people who have been my work family over the last 13 years.  I can't begin to tell you how loved they have each made me feel.  Many of my sweet co-workers held my hand as I went through infertility.  My friend, April, is the very first person I told when I found out I was finally pregnant after 5 years of trying.  Carrie and I have been friends since childhood.  (She is actually going with me to my knew department!)  I've grown really close to several co-workers who are like family to me now...Donna, Paula, Linda S, Connie...  We encourage each other.  We pray for each other.  We stick together.  You can't feel more loved than that.

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.