Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love Month: Day 7

Yesterday I had bible study!  It seriously is the best part of my Mondays!  I've met so many wonderful people, and it has been such a great way to get actively involved in our church.  Know what I love?  Insight!  I love how getting involved has given me the insight to lead a better, more Godly night.  The leader of the study, Deidre (although she prefers to be called the facilitator) reminded us during last night's study we were propositioned by Beth Moore to give something up in order to grow closer to the Lord.  We aren't suppose to treat this as a diet (as in giving up food or caffeine).  It's suppose to be something bigger.  So, you know what I did?  I gave up Facebook...perhaps indefinitely. 

I'm also loving that I was able to recognize that FB had become a distraction for me--from my family, my kids, work,...I could go on and on.  It seems like I was constantly glued to my phone checking status updates (cyber stalking many of you! Ha!).  So, goodbye Facebook...

I've felt loved today because Kyle gave up Facebook too.  I didn't even ask him to, nor did I expect him to do that.  He. Just. Did.  (Have I told you how much I love this man?!?)


Today, I loved on my Momma a little.  She keeps my boys during the day.  Usually Kyle takes them to her in the mornings, but today I did.  And, I surprised her with a Caramel Frappe`.  She loves them!  Honestly, it doesn't even scratch the surface of showing her how much we love and appreciate all she does for us.  My boys don't have rules at her house.  She may even sometimes let them eat Oreo's for breakfast...But I will tell you all:  I don't worry for one single second how they are being cared for while I am working.  Her grandchildren are her LIFE.  She makes it her priority to see that each one is "Spoiled Rotten!"  I can't think of anyone else who deserved a little extra love today!  (I love you Mom!  Thank you for all you do for me, the boys, and our family!  You are the glue who holds us all together.)

2 comments:

Deidre said...

I think I pass you and Kyle every morning when I'm taking the girls to school.

Anyway, I'm proud of you for giving something up during the study so that you can 'hear' God more clearly on this Faith thing. May He be glorified in your decision as you trust Him.

So thankful for you, Elaine! I love your heart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Elaine for your sweet kinds words.....GOD , Your Daddy, You Leigh-Ann And My Son-in-laws And MY GRANDKIDS Are my Life .
Nothing else matters to me.
Thank-You for talking with me about something I am haveing a problem with, I will have to give it to God and LET GO....I LOVE THE LORD AND I know right from wrong.
I love you more than you will ever know. Love Mom.

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.