Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 11


I am thankful for the opportunity to choose CONTENTMENT over discontentment and JOY over anxiety. Yesterday at work, my department was told it was being eliminated. (I just was thankful for having a job earlier this week!)



We have been offered jobs (THANK YOU LORD!), but many of the schedules involve working odd or weekend hours. I really desire your prayers that I won’t have to work on Sundays…there are several of my co-workers with this same prayer. Please, please pray specifically for this.




For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty of poverty. I am ready for anything


through the strength of the One who lives within me.


Philippians 4:11-13



Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed,


you will be strong in character and ready for anything.


James 1:2-4


1 comment:

Piper said...

I know that God has something bigger and better planned for you! We have studied about the grumbling & complaining Israelites long enough to realize that they had GOD right there, yet chose not to trust in who HE IS!! This is such an encouragement to me, being content right where I am is tough for me. I am praying that God will go above and beyond anything we can ask or think in your situation! Eph 3:30

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.