Friday, November 4, 2011

RFW: Supernatural Selection

Resolution for Women:  Supernatural Selection

 

Much of today’s study is focused on the following scripture:

 

I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before

You were born.  I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Jeremiah 1:5

 

Part of embracing being supernaturally selected by God is to accept you were chosen and “it is no mistake that you are living right now with your own set of circumstances, dealing with your specific set of issues, all while working within your personalized set of skills and abilities.” (page 55)

 

Using that same supernatural selection, God wants us to  strive to attain a healthier self-image by falling “back into the genuine, authentic reality of your value in God’s eyes—the One who chose you, set you apart, and appointed you to bear fruit.  He loved you enough to make you like no other, and He’s given you a task that is yours alone to complete with His abundant help and empowerment.” (page 59)

 

Choose at least one of the following verses to study and memorize:

 

A declaration of your IMPORTANCE TO GOD:

 

10For we are God’s masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can

 do the good things He planned for us long ago.

(Ephesians 2:10 NLV)

 

A confirmation of your SELECTION BY GOD:

 

5I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.  Before you were born I set you

apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world.

(Jeremiah 1:5 NLV)

 

A verification of your SUFFICIENCY IN GOD:

 

5It is not that we think we can do anything of lasting value by ourselves.

Our only power and success come from God.

(2 Corinthians 3:5)

 

Consider the things you may have failed to do because you felt ill equipped or unworthy to participate.  Choose one of them to begin doing this week.

 

One of the things I most regret not doing for the LORD was attending youth camp several years ago.  I remember thinking that I wasn’t good enough to be involved with the kids.  There was still room for improvement in my life, and more than anything I feared being hypocritical in their innocent eyes.  Kyle and I’ve been praying over the past week of ways we could give God the part of us He asks for:  10% of our time, talent, and treasures, which is far less than He deserves.  I know He has given me a passion for working with young people.  If it weren’t so, I would not be pursuing a career to become a middle grades educator.  A possibility I will explore this week will be talking with our amazing youth pastor to find out if he can use any assistance I may be able to offer.  This thought scares me, terrifies me even!  These lyrics by DC Talk just popped into my head: “What if I stumble, what if I fall?  What if I lose my step and make fools of us all?  Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?  What if I stumble?  What if I fall?”  But praise God, you’ve promised me you’ll never leave me nor forsake me…  I’ll step out on radical faith.

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.