Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21

I am thankful for my husband.  Several years ago, we struggled through one of the hardest trials we’ve ever faced as a couple.  I would continually pray for God to give us a family.  Then, God opened my eyes to something I had been overlooking:  He graciously gave us a family when He gave us each other. 

 

Kyle is my rock—he keeps me grounded.  He loves me beyond what I ever could expect from a husband.  He loves me so well…  He oftentimes is the smile in my day and the warmth in my night.  But most of all, he is the love of my life. 

 

Thank you Lord for giving Kyle to me. I can’t believe that while you were creating him, you were being mindful of me.  Wow!   I feel so unworthy of his presence in my life.  I am so proud of him and the way You have grabbed a hold of his life.  He lives with a servant’s heart and strives to be the leader you have ordained him to be.  Please continue to hold him close to Your heart, Lord.  Help me to be the wife and helper he deserves.  Bless our marriage as we surrender all of our cares to you, Lord.  Be with us as we raise our children to seek after You.  Deepen the love we have found in each other.  Deepen our desire to live for and seek to embrace Your will for our lives.

Amen”     

No comments:

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.