Friday, November 25, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 25

Today, I am thankful for my parents who have loved and supported me over the last 31 years of my life.  I’m pretty sure that I caused (most of) the “grey” in their hair. 

 

Thank you Mom and Dad for all you’ve done for me.  Thank you for giving me all the things I needed growing up.  Thank you for taking me to church.  Thank you for teaching me right/wrong even though at times I mixed the two up.  Thank you for forgiving me from all the mistakes I’ve made.  Thank you for the phone calls and words of encouragement.  Thank you for being the best parents anyone could ever have.     

 

“Honor thy father and thy mother:  that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”

(Exodus 20:12)

 

“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

(Proverbs 22:6)

 

“And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.”

(Isaiah 54:13)

 

 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You look like your mom! :-)

I began blogging several years ago in search of new friends who, like me, were having a difficult time getting pregnant. Five years, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IUI's, and a doctor who told us "It will never happen" later, we are the proud parents of Kade and Kohen. They are each an example of God's absolute perfection. We thank God where medical intervention stops, Divine intervention begins.